Sunday, January 23, 2011

On the Mend..

Or so we thought.  Maddy started the week feeling a little bit better but kept complaining about her right ear.  Sarah started the week with a low grade fever and by Tuesday it was up in the 102 range.  My son and daughter-in-law also had high fevers like this as they all battled some kind of bronchitis according to the doctors.  By weeks end, Maddy had lost one of the tubes in her ears and was crying like I've never seen her cry about the pain.  We saw the doctor again on Friday and she had to have two shots of Rocephin (one in each leg) for severe otitis media.  He has no idea what one of her ears looks like because there was too much ear wax and he didn't want to dig in her ears when they were hurting her so bad. She is now on her third antibiotic in under 10 days time.  Marty continues to cough day and night but says he is feeling a little better.  Sarah is still coughing horribly but the fevers are gone now.

Let me just say that I'm so thankful that I have made it through without getting horribly sick myself.  Sure, I have some sinus like issues but nothing like the rest of my family.  I'm so thankful for that.

Maddy has been missing Brooklyn a LOT this week.   Every night she becomes sad and tells us how much she misses Brooklyn.  I did not think it would affect her so much since Brooklyn was an older dog when Maddy came home.  Maddy never really played with Brooklyn but I guess she just liked having her around.  She has started paying the other dogs a lot more attention lately.

Other than illness, nothing to exciting has been going on in our house this week.  Work is work and very challenging.  This week provided me with LOTS of 'managerial training" opportunities unfortunately.  I really hate the part where you have to manage staff who are being quite frankly - insubordinate! I had one of my therapists be quite rude to me this past week and almost landed herself unemployed.   I just don't understand why people think that direction from your manager is optional.  Of course, I know they are just pushing the buttons to see how far I will let them go since I'm new at this position.  Wonder what this week will bring?

5 comments:

  1. Hope everyone feels better soon..
    I am not sooo well today..hope it goes away...
    Have a great week girly..
    Hugz..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week will only bring good things....it has to be your turn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your family is on the road to recovery! At work, relax and think through decisions and be happy. Hope this week ends on a better note.

    Alyzabeth's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes, luv. I hope things are looking up these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope everyone gets well soon. I hope the staff shape up soon too.

    ReplyDelete