Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chocolate Pink

That is the name of the wall color paint we chose for Maddy's room.  She was tired of the ladybug theme and swore to us that this was the reason she didn't like sleeping in it. Or playing in it for that matter.   So, I'm changing the room to soft pink, chocolate and ivory.  When I found the paint color, Chocolate Pink, I couldn't resist.  I'm not sold on the new quilt just yet as it's a lot lighter than I thought it would be.  Maddy picked out the blanket at the bottom of the bed and I'm not totally sold on that either but she is the one who picked it out so it's there for now.  I'm hopeful to find some little pink and chocolate pillows and a soft pink blanket.  Her shades were already pink so I'm ordering some pink, brown, ivory striped valances.  Such a big girl room compared to her sweet little lady bugs.

Ending our week with painting was actually quite therapeutic after the work week .  Monday morning I had 3 state surveyors walk into my office at 9am for our official Ohio Dept of Health State survey.  By the second day I had 4 surveyors and by day 3 there were 6.  Mamma Mia!  What a week!!

On a good note, Monday morning also brought good news for Sarah.  She was offered a job as the Epidemiologist for two counties.  It's not dental school but it is a full-time job with excellent benefits.  She is still hopeful she might hear from a dental school so she can start that in the fall but in the meantime, bills for school loans will come due and this will be so very helpful!

Here are some photos of Maddy's new room.  
 Maddy puts on the first stroke of paint

 Maddy was a big helper when it came to rolling too
Here is a small glimpse of Maddy's room before (with Sophie and Hannah who were visiting)

Here is the new wall color and the start of her bed accessories including a new mattress and box springs

And here she is in her new room that she helped to paint.  Let's see if she will actually sleep in it now.

5 comments:

  1. Love brown and pink together they make for such a beautiful big girl room. Glad to see the SP stuff made the cut. Sweet dreams Maddy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that wall color. Very pretty.

    And congrats to Sarah on her new job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. I've been thinking of re-doing the girls' rooms. Tahlia has a ladybug room and tells me all the time it's "for babies". I suppose now that she is almost 7 it is time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the wall color AND the comforter and blanket! looks very "grown up". :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo.... What a BIG girl room! It's so pretty!!

    Congrats Sarah!! I have no idea what that job is, but it sounds VERY impressive. Off to google it now. :o)

    ReplyDelete